• MFOS Soundlab Synthesizer with MIDI

    This was a one off project to see if I could fit MIDI into the simple MFOS soundlab (Designed by Ray Wilson see musicfromouterspace.com ) it was built from parts I had laying around including a MIDImplant (midimplant.com), basically I was attempting to try and make it perform like a monosynth. Below is a list of the modifications done.

    • MIDI control of pitch and trigger
    Read More
  • Roland Chorus Echo SRE-555 Repair

    This was a Roland Chorus Echo SRE-555 in a desperate need of service, It was bought second hand from Japan and was damaged in transit. It is actually just a Roland RE-501, but enclosed in a more compact 19” rack-mount case. For some unknown reason the SRE-555 usually costs more than a standard RE-501 in second hand prices, possibly because of its rarity or the fact it will fit into a studio better with its robust case.

    Read More
  • Press N Peel Printing service

    For the DIY builder I am offering a laser printing service for press n peel transfers, simply send me your images and I will arrange and print them onto the sheet(s). Please visit my Ebay Store For more details. I also sell relatively cheap quantities in packs of 5 for £10.45 inc free P+P what a steal!

    Read More
  • EDP Wasp Restoration Part 1.

    I am currently re-building a Wasp from the ground up, it was stripped completely of components so I could scan and make my own copy of it for personal use. When it is complete it will be in very good electronic condition compared to most other wasps having all brand new components! There is no point in replacing resistors really, I would not have taken them out for a straight refurbishment.

    Read More
  • Realistic Reverb Noismaking Mods

    I found this Realistic Reverb in quite a bad state without a case at a car boot sale, I was intrigued, this is one of those effects that are notorious for all the wrong reasons! Noisy and not really a reverb more of a short delay or flanger (with no modulation.) Once I fixed it up I proceeded to modify a few parts to make it more experimental and push it to its extremes.  The slide pots were completely busted so I had to replace them. I adjusted the controls so that at moderate levels it will operate like normal but also can be pushed to the extreme. In this post I will describe how they work and how you can implement these mods yourself.

    Read More
  • Juno 60 Memory Repair

    This Juno 60 was brought to me because it had had its memory replaced but it was still loosing it memory after a while. Opening it up revealed a bath of battery acid had eaten away at the RAM chips power pins, but not so much that they were disconnected. Meaning that when on the RAM appeared to work as the voltage drop across the corroded power pins didn’t get low enough to stop the memory from working when on but when in battery mode it would drop below the minimum threshold scrambling the memory.  I also did a few things like cleaning the chorus buttons and cleaning the volume pot.

    Read More